Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I don't know who may stop by and read this, so let me tell you about a new blog!!

(R)evolutions is a blog for fantasy/scifi/horror writers who have an interest in honing their craft! If you need help with any area of your writing, (R)evolutions will be the place to turn. With authors hitting every genre stuck under the fantasy heading you are sure to find exactly what you need. Your writing can't afford to miss such a great opportunity!

There are several authors who will be posting on tons of themes in writing such as characters, plot, setting, scenes, page turners, etc...It is going to be great. The first posts are going up Monday, June 18th and continue every monday and thursday! So Check It Out!!


On to my normal ramblings!

Well for the next two weeks I'm not going to have my normal hour or so at night to devote to writing. And I'm Peeved!! Majorly peeved! Just thought you should know.

Ok...so maybe I'm a dork...but I love magic systems. You know what I'm talking about right? I love the way they work, can work, have worked....My favorite is Terry Goodkind's magic system in his Sword of Truth series. My all time favorite series by the way. Additive and subtractive magic...such a great idea...and so SIMPLE! Ok..yeah I'm a dork.

~Annie

2 comments:

Bri said...

lol - I'm just starting up a series called "The Twelve Houses" and I'm hoping for a good magic system there. I've never had much taste for tons o' magic in fantasy - but maybe I'll give Goodkind a try. Where should I start?

P. Scribbles said...

oo...beginnings...we-ah...hmm. I have been thinking but I can't really think of mcuh. The most I have come up with is writing out all the little details you want in novels in the form of short stories. That is all I can really think of. That's the entire span of my writing practices. I am discovering that my practice is so poor that I have to develope a vehicle for writing.