Saturday, June 30, 2007

I was tagged by Bri to give you Eight Random Things About Me.
Here are the rules:
1. I must post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each participant posts eight random facts about themselves....that's right. Eight.
3. Tagees should write a blog post of eight random facts about themselves.
4. At the end of the post, eight more bloggers are tagged ruthlessly.
5. Go to their blog, leave a comment telling them they’re tagged and run for cover!

Well...here goes it. I am choosing not just random, but some that are unknown and maybe a little embarrassing.

1. I scrapbook. Yep..I have been sucked into the mania of tiny replicas of memories and all the machines to make it happen. I am now a big fan of ribbon.

2. I learned to role play in AOL chat rooms when I was nine. It was that which ignited the writer in me, and to this day I still play when I can. My general character is molded a bit like myself, strong willed (in other words, stubborn as hell), outgoing, a little rough around the edges...and just rough for that matter....what can I say? It is harder to play yourself than it is to play your imagination, for in yourself you must see real faults.

3. I think I am rather witty at times. Yet, all that really comes forth are cheesy little quirks that only find laughter in me. Again, I think I am rather witty.

3 1/2. I hate having to hold the shift key down while jabbing the return/enter button. I'm not used to having to use shift, and it is really pissing me off, stupid post box.

4. I have a mannequin in my room. The headless body is dressed in a Kimono complete with obi bought on my trip to Okinawa Japan. Another, this a wedding kimono, hangs in folds of white patterned silk from a rod attached to my wall. The red inner lining is breathtaking. The rest of my room is decorated in Asian antiques, modern pieces, and collections picked up from my travels. Several wall hangings stand hidden, waiting to be displayed in their full honor. It is my pride and joy.

5. I eat through book series like they were the juicy fibers of a cold watermelon on a hot summer day. One series, my favorite, produced a letter to and then from the author. His letter, the book mark and the note he scrawled to me are already in a frame. I'm so nerdy!

6. Shhhh! I still sleep with a stuffed animal! Me, 21 in a month, and I still cuddle the black and white bunny from a childhood Easter. I think I will sleep with it until another fills its place.

7. I have two rings that I cherish. They belonged to my grandfather and great grandfather on my father's side. One used to hold a large diamond in the center(that is now in my mother's ring) and the tiny diamonds that surrounded it now circle a sparkly cubic zirconium. My favorite is the one that belong to my great grandfather. It used to hold a large ruby. He sold it during hard times and replaced it with a very real looking fake. The designs in the white gold are simplistic yet beautiful.

8. I have a rare...condition/disease. It is called erythromelalgia, but I don't tend to tell people about it. It makes things a bit difficult now, especially as a writer. But, things could be much worse. I am thankful to only have a mild case.

Well, my soul is laid bare before you. Devour at will.

I am tagging....Brent.

And I am adding a re-tagging section. Bri, I in the name of this devilish game, re-tag you.

P.S. I call no tag backs!! (How third grade is that! I love it.)

~Annie

3 comments:

P. Scribbles said...

Erythromelalgia. Is it in your hands or feet? I read it occurs in your limbs and you didn't say. If this is too nosy or invasive then don't answer. I don't want to pry.

Bri said...

Hah! Curses! I have been retagged! I liked the part about the kimonos - sounds lovely. Where all have you traveled?

And don't feel bad about the bunny. I sleep with stuffed rat. His name is Ratius Cheesius.

As far as series go - look for Patricia McKillip's Riddlemastr Trilogy. It's what made me want to write a serious but not monstrously huge fantasy series. It's lovely.

Bri

dorsk188 said...

...I do not take tags lightly...